As part of World Book Day 2021, Cartridge People has been finding out more about the nation’s reading habits and how books are enjoyed in modern-day Britain.
From the most popluar children’s books to the literary works that inspired Oscar winners, we’ve put together the below infographic which also outlines a Cartridge People study* that found that:
- One in five Brits now takes in a ‘book’ on a screen or e-reader
- 41% of people in the UK spend less than an hour a week reading or listening to books
- 11% of 18-34 year olds admitted to reading for more than 14 hours a week
- 33% stated that they were reading more than they were in February 2020
- One in 10 people in the 18-44 age group would now prefer to listen to an audiobook
- Over 75% of women opt to read the book itself as opposed to a digital or audio version
Ever wanted to know what would take longer; watching Game Of Thrones or reading A Song Of Ice and Fire? Our World Book Day infographic will provide you with a host of information to mark the occasion in 2021.
*Study based on 1,000 people, carried out in February 2021. Dataset available on request.
WIN: Cartridge are giving away an Amazon Fire 7 Tablet to celebrate World Book Day 2021. To be in with a chance of winning, simply follow Cartridge People on Instagram. We’ll choose the winner from our followers on World Book Day itself.
World Book Day Staistics: How Brits Enjoy Books In 2021 by cartridgepeople.com