This one-off event will see the auditorium transformed for its 200th birthday into a cabaret space. Harking back to The Old Vic’s days as a Music Hall in the 1880s, the evening will see the return of unadulterated entertainment as The Old Vic presents a mix of new and established talent. Joining the previously announced sketch comedy duo The Pin; the company of upcoming hip-hop musical Sylvia; The McOnie Company; an exclusive performance written by Dennis Kelly; and 2018 Olivier Award winner Sheila Atim will be:
· – A jazz trio by Kansas Smitty’s
· – The Horne Section (Alex Horne and his five-piece jazz band) will host the evening with their unique combination of comedy, improvisation, storytelling and music
· – Two-time UK Team Beatbox Champions Burd
· – Writer, comedian and actor Tim Key
· – Hula hoop dancer and fire performer Silvia Pavone
· – Joining Sheila Atim will be actor and musician Arthur Darvill who together will perform a selection of original songs, including a brand new composition for The Old Vic’s birthday.