Launched in honour of film industry trailblazer, Sir Horace Ové, the aim of the grant is to help Black and Global Majority people working behind the scenes in film, TV, and cinema to access opportunity and navigate barriers to career progression. Grants of up to £500 are available and could cover anything from childcare or travel costs to help you access a career opportunity, to courses to support your professional development.
To be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- You will have been in paid or funded film and TV industry work in a behind-the-camera role for at least 40 days in the last 18 months OR have worked at least two years in film and TV in the last 10 years and are seeking funding to return to work after a career break. You will have worked on content made in Britain and shown to British audiences on subscription-based streaming sites like Netflix, TV or cinemas.
- The grant will enable you to seize a potentially transformative work opportunity and will have a demonstratable positive impact on your career or finances. Our awards will be prioritised to those who are experiencing the greatest need and have the least financial resilience. You will have no recourse to income, accessible savings or statutory funding to cover the cost.
- You must identify as Black or Global Majority. This refers to people who are Black, Asian, Brown, dual-heritage, indigenous to the global south, or have been racialised as ‘ethnic minorities’.
Jobs in ITV NETFLIX LIVE NOW.
Please read full eligibility criteria to find out more before completing your application below.
Whilst Black Global Majority people are able to apply for both grants, if an application is made to the Sir Horace Ove Grant to access an opportunity, any additional application for a Stop Gap Grant must be to manage urgent financial needs or to support with unexpected costs in a crisis.
Top of Form
The Sir Horace Ové Grant, a one-off grant of up to £500 to help Black and Global Majority people working behind the scenes in film, TV, and cinema to access opportunity and navigate barriers to career progression.
The form consists of the following sections:
Jobs in ITV NETFLIX LIVE NOW.
- Your personal details
- Your professional experience
- Your current financial situation and needs, including a budget form
- Your agreement and declaration
To apply for the grant, you will need three pieces of evidence:
- At least one online profile from either BFI, IMDb, Screenskills, Mandy or Talent Manager. If you don’t have any of these then we can consider, at our discretion LinkedIn or similar. Vimeo or YouTube is not preferred as a source of evidence
- Documentation such as three payslips, P45 or P60 invoice, or at least three remittance advice or contracts
- Current CV including details of your last three jobs
- You will also need to provide a professional referee
You will also need access to:
- Basic details of your work history
- Basic details of your current finances (including any income, expenditure, debts, and savings)
You can save your application form at any point and return to it later by clicking on save my progress and resume later. You will be asked to set up a password so you can return to the application form at a later date.
If you require support to complete this form or have any questions, please contact the Grants Team at firstname.lastname@example.org