When: 26 October – 1 November 2022
Where: The Lexus Takumi Townhouse, Stables X, Seven Dials, 40 Earlham St, London WC2H 9LH
Japan Week Festival will be running from 26 October to 1 November 2022, as a celebration of London’s growing Japanese food, drink and cultural scene. Venues taking part in Japan Week will be offering special menus, supper clubs, complimentary drinks or specially crafted cocktails, include Kanada Ya & Machiya, Behinana, Pantechnicon, Tokyo Sukiyaki Tei, Moshi Moshi, School of Wok, Novikov, The Aubrey, and Duomo.
Lexus will be holding a range of Japanese pop-up experiences dedicated to design and craftsmanship in the Lexus Takumi Townhouse in Covent Garden, which is inspired by a traditional Japanese house. The Lexus immersive space will comprise of one-off unique activities and experiences which reflect the spirit of omotenashi (hospitality) which is central to the brand, such as:
- Christoph Spiessens, a certified mindfulness coach and published author, leading free Lexus mindfulness taster sessions, introducing meditation techniques and influences.
- Screenings of the film “Takumi: a 60,000 hour story on the survival of human craft, a feature that explores how Japanese craftsmanship endures in a world that is increasingly powered by artificial intelligence.
- KANPAI sake tasting: Kanpai co-founder Tom Wilson and his team will tell the story of how they set up the UK’s first sake brewery, describe the production process and present a seasonal limited-edition sake.
- Ueshima Japanese coffee lounge, with sessions hosted by a coffee master.
- Tattoo artist Claudia de Sabe will create a water tiger mural and talk about how she is able to apply her tattooing skills to different art forms.
- Origami expert, Coco Sato, will run free workshops teaching the basics of paper-folding techniques, including how to create flowers, shapes, and animals.
- Visitors will also see the craftsmanship and fine materials that Lexus applies to its cars, with the all-new NX450h+ plug-in hybrid on display at the Takumi Townhouse.
Restaurants participating in Japan Week include:
- Pantechnicon: Toyama Sake Supper Club on the 1st November
- M Threadneedle Street: complimentary Japanese inspired cocktail
- Tokyo Sukiyaki Tei: free Sukiyaki Egg when ordering a portion of Sukiyaki
- Machiya: complimentary glass of sake
- School of Wok: 10% off all Japanese classes
- Apothecary East and Koji: special Japanese cocktail
- Benihana: special set menu on offer
- Novikov Restaurant & Bar: two special dishes and two cocktails
- Ginza St. James: special ‘Spring Kyoyu’ Japan Week Festival Menu
For restaurants offers, please visit: https://www.japanweekfestival.co.uk/offers
You must log in to post a comment.