These restrictions are being introduced due to a rapid rise in COVID-19 cases across London and the South East. It means that different households in Tier 4 are no longer permitted to spend time together during Christmas as the Government had previously planned.
Here’s what you need to know about Tier 4 right now:
- You can only spend Christmas with your household and support bubble if you have one – Christmas bubbles of up to three households are no longer allowed in London and other Tier 4 areas
- Stay at home as much as possible
- Do not leave Tier 4 – you should not travel beyond your local area unless for a permitted reason such as for work if you cannot work from home, a medical need, or to care for someone vulnerable
- Non-essential retail, gyms, leisure centres, and personal care outlets like hairdressers will close – shops like supermarkets and pharmacies will remain open
- No household mixing indoors or in private gardens
- You can only meet one person from another household in an outdoor public place
- Continue to work from home if you can
- Communal worship can still take place
- Do not travel abroad – some exceptions like travelling for work may be allowed
Further restrictions are a bitter blow for Londoners who were hoping to spend time with loved ones safely this Christmas, and for businesses who have already suffered so much this year. London faces its toughest Christmas since the war and the whole city will need to pull together to see us through this terrible period.
The Mayors office urge Londoners to follow the new restrictions very closely, so that we can protect our NHS and prevent more tragic deaths. It would be such a tragedy to lose even more people to this disease when the vaccine is now being rolled out across our city and those lives could be