The winners of the Olivier Awards 2018 with Mastercard, the UK’s most prestigious stage honours, were announced Sunday 8 April 2018 at London’s Royal Albert Hall hosted by Catherine Tate. Here are the highlights.
- HAMILTON WINS 7 AWARDS INCLUDING BEST NEW MUSICAL WITH LIN-MANUEL MIRANDA AND ORCHESTRATOR ALEX LACAMOIRE WINNING OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN MUSIC AND GILES TERERA AND MICHAEL JIBSON WINNING BEST ACTOR AND BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MUSICAL RESPECTIVELY
- THE FERRYMAN WINS 3 AWARDS INCLUDING BEST NEW PLAY WITH SAM MENDES WINNING BEST DIRECTOR AND LAURA DONNELLY WINNING BEST ACTRESS
- THE NATIONAL THEATRE CELEBRATES 5 AWARDS INCLUDING BEST REVIVAL FOR ANGELS IN AMERICA AND BEST MUSICAL REVIVAL FOR FOLLIES WITH BRYAN CRANSTON WINNING BEST ACTOR FOR HIS ROLE IN NETWORK AND DENISE GOUGH WINNING BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE FOR ANGELS IN AMERICA
- SHIRLEY HENDERSON AND SHEILA ATIM WIN BEST ACTRESS IN A MUSICAL AND BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A MUSICAL RESPECTIVELY FOR GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY
- BERTIE CARVEL WINS BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE FOR INK WRITTEN BY JAMES GRAHAM, WHO Wins BEST BEST NEW COMEDY FOR LABOUR OF LOVE
Image Credit Best Supporting Actor (Hamilton) Giles Terera (c) Pamela Raith
The full list of winners is available below and online at OlivierAwards.com
You must log in to post a comment.