For services to the Promotion of Black History and Heritage
• Joyce Fraser FRSA, FCIPD, MBA(Henley) is the Founder & Chair of the Black Heroes Foundation, a charity that champions her visions of ‘a world where Black Heroes are acknowledged, respected and celebrated.’
• Joyce founded Black Heroes Foundation in 2016 to preserve the legacy of her late husband, Peter Randolph Fraser (also known as ‘Flip’ Fraser), the first editor of The Voice Newspaper, and creator of the iconic show ‘Black Heroes in the Hall of Fame’, which had the tag line ‘5,000 years of Black history in one night of theatre.’
• A passionate leader within the charity sector, Joyce is also a Trustee for the Chartered Institute of Fundraising (CIOF) and the Directory of Social Change (DSC).
Joyce Fraser, founder of Black Heroes Foundation, is proud and honoured to have been awarded an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list 2022.
Joyce’s nomination is particularly significant because only 4.3% of Honours recipients were black. She is also the recipient of the 1024th Point of Light Award for her inspiring voluntary work with the Black Heroes Foundation, which she received at 10 Downing Street in October 2018 from the Prime Minister.
Speaking of the honour, Joyce said: “I’m delighted to be honoured in this way. This honour is not just for me, but also for the whole black community. It is a great way to honour the legacy of my late husband, ‘Flip’ Fraser, who was in the process of setting up the Black Heroes Foundation when he became ill and sadly passed away in 2014.”
Joyce continues: “I’m hoping the exposure that comes with being awarded an OBE will highlight the work we do developing talent and artistic initiatives in the community that focus on youth, education, training, social up-lifting and personal development.”
For more information about the Black Heroes Foundation, please click here.
Joyce is also a lecturer at the Open University Business School (Nee Joyce King)
Joyce Fraser registered the Black Heroes Foundation in October 2016, in honour of her late husband Flip Fraser and to preserve the legacy of his work.
Joyce lectures for the Open University Business School and is also on the Board of Trustee for the Chartered Institute of Fundraising (CIOF), Directory of Social Change (DSC) and Small Charities Coalition (CSS).
• LinkedIn personal https://www.linkedin.com/in/joyce-fraser/
• LinkedIn organisational https://www.linkedin.com/company/blackheroesfoundation/
• Twitter personal @jfraseronline
• Twittier organisational @blackheroesinfo
Gazette Notice: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4084211