The Masked Dancer, started this May seeing celebrity contestants perform unique dances, whilst covered from head to toe in extravagant, colourful costumes and face masks leaving the viewers and star panel to guess their identities. Bringing a wealth of dance expertise to the panel, Oti Mabuse takes up a seat alongside Jonathan Ross, Mo Gilligan and Davina McCall as they all watch closely to see who knows their sashays from their pliés. Hosting this most unusual of dance parties will be Joel Dommett.
12 celebrities stepped onto the dancefloor to take on character alter egos as they tripped the light fantastic in a bid to wow the panel and confuse with their moves. Clue packages accompanied every Masked Dancer to help the panel and at home detectives crack the case of who the famous faces behind the masks were. From ballet to ballroom, salsa to swing and everything in between, here are the characters that will be dancing onto screens:
- Tearing up the dancefloor, it’s Zip
- Sending the audience into a spin, come on y’all and sing it with me, it’s Carwash
- Who let the dogs out? It’s Beagle
- Introducing a brand-new Nutcracker to the stage, it’s Squirrel
- An ex-STRAW-dinary mover that’s the best dancer in their field, it’s Scarecrow
- I said-a hip, hop, the hippie, the hippie. To the hip hip hop… here comes Frog
- They dance to their own beat – it’s Beetroot
- Will they have snake hips? Can they be charmed by the music? It’s Viper
- You’ve heard of the funky chicken, now meet Rubber Chicken
- This beautiful tropical bird migrates to the dance studio during the Spring, it’s Flamingo
- Whipped cream and whipping viewers into a dance fueled frenzy, it’s Knickerbocker Glory
- They’ll push me and pull you all around the dancefloor, it’s Llama
The Masked Dancer is produced by Bandicoot Scotland (part of Argonon Group) for ITV and the executive producers are Derek McLean, Daniel Nettleton and Claire Horton. Viewers can also catch up on both series of The Masked Singer on BritBox.