Applications Open- Two Awards of £10,000. Deadline 5 November, 5pm.
The Jerwood/Photoworks Awards support photographers, or artists using photography, to make new work and significantly develop their practice. The Awards particularly seek to encourage artists and photographers exploring new approaches to photography, and/or whose practice is experimental.
The Awards are open to arts practitioners using photography who are within 10 years of establishing their practice. There is no age limitation and no requirement for formal education or qualifications. In recognition of the financial pressures faced by many artists, this edition will not require an application fee. Applicants have the alternative of submitting a video or audio proposal, and funding is available to help those facing additional barriers to take up the opportunity. Two Awardees will each receive:
- £10,000 to support the making of new work
- Access to an additional production fund of £5,000
- High-profile mentoring support from an international panel of experts for at least 12 months
- A two-person exhibition in London as part of the Jerwood Visual Arts programme at Jerwood Space (from January 2020)
- A subsequent UK joint exhibition tour
Alongside the extensive mentoring programme offered to the two Awardees, shortlisted artists will be invited to undertake mentoring with the Photoworks team of expert curators and arts professionals.
Selectors: Aaron Schuman, Artist, Writer, Editor and Curator; Shoair Mavlian, Director, Photoworks; and Lilli Geissendorfer, Director, Jerwood Charitable Foundation. Two further panellists will be announced. To submit application click here