Startin’ Point is a brand new festival curated by Hakeem “Mr Impact” Onibudo, which celebrates the connection between music and dance of the African Diaspora. Over three days, Startin’ Point will showcase work that honours African heritage. It will celebrate the contribution of national and international artists to this legacy and encourage the youth to find their voice and push the boundaries of expression.
A CHANCE TO PERFORM & BE COMMISSIONED…
The Place are specifically looking for short existing works (10-20 minutes), which have already been performed and that can be developed in order to present a 20 minute work for Startin’ Point Festival at The Place on Sat 20 Oct 2018. You are welcome to apply as a company, collective or choreographer.
Each of the three selected pieces will:
• Receive £1000 to assist in the development of the work to be presented at Startin’ Point Festival.
• Receive access to rehearsal space at The Place depending on availability.
• Receive 2 hours of technical rehearsal.
• Perform at Startin’ Point Festival on 20 Oct 2018 at The Place
• Have the opportunity to win the audience prize of £1000 on the night of the performance
• Have the opportunity to be awarded the Startin’ Point Legacy Commission 2019.
TO APPLY: Complete the online application form on The Place website