With World Food Day on 16th October 2017, Michael Kors is dedicating the month to new products and activities designed to support Watch Hunger Stop, the brand’s campaign to fight global hunger.
Now in its 5th year, Watch Hunger Stop raises funds and awareness to help achieve a world with Zero Hunger. The brand’s partner in the effort is the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), and funds go to support WFP’s school meals program, which reaches over 16 million children in almost 70 countries each year with vital nutrition that helps them fulfil their potential. Thus far, Watch Hunger Stop has enabled WFP to deliver more than 15 million meals to children in need.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. Each year, WFP assists some 80 million people in around 80 countries.
This year’s Watch Hunger Stop campaign features illustrations by award-winning artist Clym Evernden. Known for his distinctive ink-based style, Evernden graduated from Central Saint Martins, where he studied fashion design. He has contributed to several campaigns for Michael Kors, including for the opening of the Regent Street flagship store. Watch Hunger Stop is the artist’s first philanthropic campaign, and his bold, inviting designs add a vibrant dimension to the Watch Hunger Stop message.
Along with other incredible offers, special-edition watches have been a part of the Watch Hunger Stop effort since its inception, with 100 meals donated to WFP for each watch sold. This year’s highlights are:
- a special edition of the just-launched Michael Kors Access Sofie touchscreen smartwatch.
- a pair of black-and-cobalt-blue Lon sunglasses. These special-edition aviators feature flat, mirrored lenses that lend the classic silhouette a modern edge.
- Share The Meal is the world’s first app against global hunger. An initiative of WFP, Share The Meal has bright, charming graphics, an effortless interface, and a wealth of facts and photos about people and places you’re delighted to get to know. Download the Share The Meal app at http://wfpusa.org/MKSTM2017
- Michael Kors has once again created a Watch Hunger Stop Snapchat geofilter, available from October 1-31. Visit a Michael Kors store in the US, Canada or the UK, snap using the special geofilter, and 25 meals will be donated to WFP.
- Every year, Michael Kors designs a new Watch Hunger Stop t-shirt. This year’s t-shirt, designed by Clym Everden, will be given away—no purchase necessary—at select Michael Kors stores around the world from October 14-16. Post a selfie in your t-shirt tagged with #WatchHungerStop and Michael Kors will donate 50 meals to WFP.
During the month of October, customers can make a donation to Watch Hunger Stop at the register in select Michael Kors stores around the globe.
In select countries, visitors to WatchHungerStop.com can follow the on-screen link to donate to WFP directly.