Retrospective will celebrate the history of Black British screen culture – a wide and diverse filmography that has been largely overlooked and undervalued in film discourse.
And we’re excited to announce that for the first time, we have invited guest curators to contribute programmes.They are…
– Award winning film exhibition company We Are Parable
– Writer and director Campbell X
– Historian, broadcaster and filmmaker David Olusoga
– Filmmaker George Aponsah
– Filmmaker Judah Attille
– Curator and cultural historian Mark Sealy
– A group of Film Studies / Screenwriting & Film students from Sheffield Hallam University
The Retrospective: Films belong to those who need them – fragments from the history of Black British Cinema will take place from 4 – 13 June.
You must log in to post a comment.